By J.M. Comer
1. “The Dude abides.”
The 2008 season has been one long test of the soul. What can we as Auburn fans do in this time of despair? Abide.
2. “Ah, f___ it.”
Auburn loses to Vandy. 14-13. Don’t dwell. This was probably the low point. No where to go but up.
3. “The bums will always lose.” OR “You’re out of your element.” OR “D’ya have to use s’many cuss words?”
Tony Franklin experiment = Season of DEATH.
4. “Yeah well, that’s just, ya know, like, your opinion, man.”
The blathering, blustery comments of our idiot brothers-in-arms continue. I took a look at our fellow Auburn fans on the al.com message boards (I know, I know, I’m torturing myself) and the biggest complaint from them over the past few weeks is that the team has quit. The coaches have quit. Get rid of Tubs. Well, it seems to me that most of these “fans” have quit believing, supporting, hoping and waiting. Spineless bandwagon cowards, all!
5. Message to Bobby Lowder and his trustee cronies: “Just because we’re bereaved doesn’t mean we’re saps!”
6. “Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you.”
After seasons of great breaks (game-winning field goals, questionable calls going our way, etc.) for our Auburn Tigers, in 2008 it all comes back to bite us in the ass. Nothing seems to go our way.
7. “If you will it, it is no dream.”
[Lance Armstrong knows the power of 7. This slot reserved for the next week's win over No. 1 ranked Alabama at Jordan-Hare West.]